Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Friend in Need....



No, I 'm not going to follow with the old cliche..."is a friend indeed".  I truly have a friend who is in need.  This is probably one of the hardest posts I could write.  Several weeks ago, a dear friend called to tell me that she has cancer.  I was stunned, as if someone had punched me in the gut with no warning.  Tears welled up in me, as I wondered what was going through her head and knowing that the road ahead will not be an easy one.    I sense her fear and her uncertainty and my heart and soul hurt for her.  She teaches me empathy, as I can only barely guess at what she is feeling right now.  So many friends I have that have walked the walk of this disease,  continue to fight this fight.  I hate this for all of my friends who have and are going through this.

The practical side of me does the research and although some of the numbers are grim for this type of cancer, I find testimonials from people who have had the same and are surviving and strong and leading healthy lives - and, I know that my friend is also strong and will be one of those survivors.  We have to believe...and fight.

She is teaching me that I need to get more in touch with my spirituality, and my higher power. I am so thankful for you, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment