Thursday, July 11, 2013

A New Beginning

Well, most of my followers now know that my original Musings From the Hammock disappeared entirely when Posterous went to Cyberspace Hell and took all of my posts from the last 3 years with it.  The blog, started in 2010, was my dumping ground for many critical events in my life.  I posted a lot about my father's descent into the world of dementia and his eventual death, crazy events in my life,  my short-lived stay in Florida, and the demise of the relationship that went with it.  On occasion, I would go back and read those posts, and put myself through some of the residual heartburn that I felt while writing them.  Now, they are all gone and I have no way to dredge up those uncomfortable feelings.  How interesting!

While I lamented the loss of my writings, and swore I would never write again (because, let's face it...I really consider myself a hack...and that's OK), friends encouraged me to keep at it.  When I really thought about it,  I thought,  maybe this happened for a reason and I needed to get past these things in my life and start fresh.  

So, I'm back and I thank you, my friends who prodded me to start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment